Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Criteria

In reviewing food - some criteria is definitely necessary. I plan on giving either my "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" based on four criteria. 

Taste - the most important in my personal criteria along with nutritional value. Who wants to eat something that doesn't taste good? I know I don't.
Nutrition - A discussion of the ingredients, nutrient composition and what that means to someone who is trying to eat healthy.
Cost - We are all on some form of budget, and while our average food budget has decreased over the years, we still need to pay attention to how expensive or inexpensive healthy eating can be. 
Time - Time is a hot commodity, especially when you come home from work starving! I'll make sure to discuss convenience and different potential cooking options or ways to eat products. 

My promise to you is to review real, everyday foods, recipes and diets, yes sometimes I may pick some item that is a little bit obscure or not common in most American households, but my goal is to keep this realistic for most people living on a budget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment